Overview of Java Client for Direct Mode 3.1
What is Direct Mode?
The Direct Mode interface allows you to interface to our payment
processing system without involving a browser. Instead you open a
secure socket connection directly to our server. This allows you to
make payment processing completely transparent to your customers.
This documetation is for the Java Client Software. If you are not using Java,
this documentation may still be of interest to you, however, we also provide
generic documentation for the protocol
itself, not specific to any particular language.
Who will read this documentation?
This documentation is primarly intended for Java developers who are
writing new software or integrating existing software using our Direct Mode interface.
Where do I get it?
You'll find the latest java client in the online system under Developer Docs.
Where do I start?
You can create a complete test program including error handling in 50 lines or less. A working
sample program with hard-coded parameters is available as part of this documentation.
You will need to change the ACCOUNT_ID parameter to match that of your own account.
See the V3Client class documentation for the sample code.
What makes our Direct Mode better than the competitions options?
- Tagged transaction support
- Removes danger of time-outs and network failures. See com.ezic.direct.IdGenerator
- Email receipts
- Customer and merchant customizable and personal email receipts. By using the Site Tag feature, it is
possible to a specific email template for a particular transaction.
- Site Tags
- Allows different classes of transactions to be accounted for and managed separately within the system, such
as transactions originating from different web sites, departments or retail locations.
- Fraud prevention
- Advanced fraud screening and risk mangement features available in Direct Mode at no additional cost.
- Years of proven reliability
- Extremly fast transaction processing and industry leading system reliability.
- Subscription and Recurring billing support
- Allows you to take advantage of unique membership features.
- Multiple methods of payment
- Credit Card and Check processing with common interface.
- Ultra-fast batch mode processing
- Batch files can be uploaded and processed at speeds of 50,000 transactions per hour or faster.
An executable java app com.ezic.direct.BatchAgent, is included
that will scan a drop directory for batch files and automatically process files and write the result
files to the same directory
- Subscription and membership with recurring billing
- Managed membership and recurring billing allows the system to automatically notify your webserver
of members' status changes, expirations and renewals, after initiating each new subscribers via Direct Mode.
The subscription period is automatically extend with each recurring billing.
What additional documentation is available?
For a description of advanced features, and a more in-depth discussion of the different parameters, please see the
generic documentation for Direct Mode 3.
Need more help?
Please don't hesitate to contact the person that provided you with our payment services for individualized support.
This is propriatary and confidential unpublished information. Copyright(c) 1999-2017, All rights reserved.